MetaTrader, the most widely used retail forex platform, has today been upgraded to a new build MetaTrader4 950. Developer MetaQuotes Software announced the release of the upgraded version via its website, where users of the charting package can find documentation explaining the performance improvements and new features that have been added. MT4 is offered by the majority of forex brokers.
MetaTrader 4 is the most popular charting and analysis platform among foreign exchange traders, and also supports automated strategies and analysis of other financial market besides currencies. The platform offers a wide range of resources to traders of all skill levels, including technical analysis tools, algorithmic trading strategies and mobile trading applications.
|Learn how to compare forex trading platforms: Choosing a Forex Broker|
What’s New In MetaTrader4 950?
The platform improvements in the MetaTrader4 950 build are wide-ranging and focus on the following four areas:
- A “How to Rent a Virtual Platform” video explaining how to copy signals or launch a trading robot has been added into the Virtual Hosting Wizard dialog.
- MQL4 Applications are now sorted by name in the sub-folders of the Navigator window.
- The network connection status display issues have now been resolved for HD screens.
- A full-featured search function has been added to the log viewer of the terminal, Expert Advisors, Strategy Tester and Virtual Hosting.
- The MQL4 Wizard and the Virtual Hosting Wizard includes new tutorial videos “How to assemble a trading robot” and “How to rent a virtual platform”.
- The SignaBaseTotal function errors have been fixed so that the correct value is no returned.
- Fixed editing of graphical object visibility on different timeframes from MQL4 programs.
- Stop loss and profit target price values are now correctly displaying in test results.
MetaQuotes Software, which recently celebrated fifteen years of trading, also recently confirmed that they intend to proceed with the inclusion of further new MetaTrader indicators after thorough testing. Full details of developments in the 950 build are available to view on the MetaTrader website.
To find a broker offering trading via the MetaTrader platforms, check our forex broker comparison page to view platform specifications and open an account.